Stand Up Reach
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: The Reach Truck Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the reach truck and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage locations
- Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a Reach Truck or Stock Picker
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer service standards
- Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee inventory control and security
- Assists in physical inventories
- Ensures proper stock rotation
- Conducts cycle counts as requested
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the DC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have attention to detail