To receive, verify, locate, store, issue and transport material used in the manufacturing process Key role responsibilities
- Complies with all applicable safety procedures and report unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to the Production Supervisor/Team Leader or appropriate resource.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Notifies Production Supervisor/Team Leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory, documentation, etc.
- Receives, stocks, picks, issues and delivers materials within performance guidelines to assure the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Perform routine duties such as, keeping packers and machine operators supplied with parts and material, and removing completed items to storage area or next work station.
- Follow department schedules or instructions, make deliveries and pickups at work stations to maintain flow of work and prevent excessive accumulation of material in work areas.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment
- Remove packed items from conveyor, stack and pile on skid.
- Set up work stations and instruct operators regarding operation procedures and safety precautions when necessary.
- Operate fork lift truck and notify supervisor regarding shortages.
- Pick up parts from assembly area and put to stock.
- Assist with cycle counts and stock control procedures.
- Maintains equipment including safety checks.
- Maintains a supply of equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation.
- Meets established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met.
- Ensures that product meets client’ s quality specifications.
- Maintains accurate records and inventory balances.
- Performs rotational assignments as needed.
- Participates actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Minimum 1 years’ production work experience preferred.
- Experience operating RF scanner and software
- Computer experience with Windows Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.